There are newer employer reviews for Five9

Five9 has the energy of a start-up, the expertise of a legacy, and the growth potential of Starbucks circa 1990.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Five9 is growing at an extremely quick pace, and employment is growing with it to a very corollary degree. Everyone here is attempting to increase productivity and improve the product and company. Management recognizes that sheer manpower is necessary to do so. Upper management is also extremely involved and concerned with lower level work capabilities and strives to create a seamless environment (ie ensuring projects do not bottleneck at the top).

Cons

There are some standard growing pains with Five9. As a rapidly growing company, it is difficult to ensure that every voice is heard, and that the total company culture truly exemplifies what individual departments are putting forward.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Five9 Response

Mar 5, 2014 – HR Director

We are glad to hear you are happy working at Five9, and we hope to continue promoting the culture you have enjoyed so far. We also appreciate the constructive feedback.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fast growth, great market- A really great place to work!!

I have been working at Five9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

dynamic, talented team-some of the best professionals i've ever worked with. Incredibly fast growth company, with a great market opportunity.

Cons

Some incompetent people were kept in leadership positions too long, has resulted in some quality issues. Company is growing very fast, focus is on the top line growth, and not morale or culture at this point. So many new people make it difficult without clear direction and strategic focus from the top.

Advice to Management

Move faster when you know the wrong person is in a key position. Give clear goals- not just top line revenue goals, but specific departmental goals.

If you like cold calling and head bashing go Five9

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Five9 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO, Mike, tries his best to make this seem like it's a real company.

Cons

Management hired/promoted in the last 6 months is inept and simply put in place to expand in order for the company to go public. Five9 isn't ready to go public. We can't keep our solution on-line daily much less support more customers.

Advice to Management

Sales, engineering, and management are the keys to success for Five9. Clean out the fat cows draining productivity. We were lean a year ago, making $$$, on our way to upgrading our system, now we gave that up and are sluggish and slow.