Five9

www.five9.com
There are newer employer reviews for Five9

Infrastructure unable to meet customer demands

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Five9 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company that fosters input and creativity. Huge growth in all areas. Very competitive product.

Cons

Growing pains are causing the company to buckle internally. Support lacks depth and accountability.
Engineering and development are mostly Russian and are reluctant to break away from build projects to for support issues. customer facing roles are vulnerable to clients outbursts with little infrastructure support with heavy escalations and delays.

Redesign entire operations model. Poor model in place now and outages make the support system most vulnerable, when it should be most effective.

Mar 5, 2014HR Director

Thank you for your feedback, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Five9 (View Most Recent)

Depressing work environment for Tech guys

Former Employee - Engineering Technology Specialist
    Former Employee - Engineering Technology Specialist

I worked at Five9 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Business is still good, there are some great people to work with

Cons

Communication skills is the only thing you need to be successful at any role in this company. Core technical people don't survive in this kind of environment. Other departments try to close this gap and bring aboard people who have no idea what moving parts this product have.

Please find CTO who will start consolidating Tech and Business departments. That fighting to death between departments which was happening during last 3 years has almost destroyed your Engineering and is going to destroy your business.

Mar 5, 2014HR Director

I'm sorry to hear of your experience; this is not the work environment that we are trying to create. We want you to know that we have taken note of your experience, and thank you very much for the ... More

Five9 is a growing company full of capable people and a rewarding team environment.

I have been working at Five9 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent facilities, regular social events and family oriented team building efforts. All of the departments work together and the CEO is a fantastic leader who conveys his vision effectively.

Cons

San Ramon is in the inner east bay, far from San Francisco. The facilities are lacking in basic services like laundry as well as interesting food options, so employees have to drive to take advantage of those things. But the community in San Ramon has plenty to offer.

need 401K matching

Mar 5, 2014HR Director

We are very glad that you are pleased with the future potential of Five9, and hope you will continue to be happy working at Five9.

There are newer employer reviews for Five9