There are newer employer reviews for FivePrime Therapeutics

Awesome and friendly work environment

Former Employee - Lab Technician in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Lab Technician in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at FivePrime Therapeutics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean spacious work environment, tea & snacks, company outings, gym, personal computer to use during down time, and friendly overhead and staff

Cons

there is nothing bad I can say about the company

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Other Employee Reviews for FivePrime Therapeutics

Needs management overhaul

Current Employee - Upper Level Scientist
    Current Employee - Upper Level Scientist

I have been working at FivePrime Therapeutics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some people really care and will do everything they can to help you.

Cons

Not sure how fake the previous review is, but I'll say extremely fake. Clean and spacious work environment? Gym? You mean our cube farm (which is clean) and our fitness "center" which is an old storage room with a stepper and a treadmill? Company Outings? Our one summer event and our lame holiday party? There is a definite atmosphere of favoritism. This is a small enough company that everyone knows who isn't pulling their weight or who is having a tantrum, but no one ever does anything about it.

Advice to Management

Fresh blood. Fresh blood! We need honesty from our leadership. We need a new CEO that can articulate what we are doing. Please take into account that you don't know everything about our work environment and coworkers, and listen to the worker bees. We make the place run. You don't. You really don't. I'm so very tired of hanging on to see us get to the next level when I see poor decisions pushing us back down into the mud.

Failure to complete

Current Employee - Scientist in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Scientist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FivePrime Therapeutics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some people are really engaged and love their jobs. The worker bees are great to be around and make work good.

Cons

HR department doesn't support raises or increasing benefits. Upper management is mostly seen as inept. Drugs are not advancing into the clinic. CEO talks about strategy but doesn't say what that strategy is. CEO talks like everything is great, but seems upset with everything. Don't see any career advancement in place.

Advice to Management

Management needs to erase the culture of retaliation if an employee brings up honest issues - you will be seen as a problem. Stop saying we can't afford to do certain benefits and make it happen. We don't believe you when we can see what you make.