Flagstaff Unified School District #1

www.fusd1.org
  www.fusd1.org
There are newer employer reviews for Flagstaff Unified School District #1

Worst pay in the State for teachers

Current Employee - Teacher
Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Flagstaff Unified School District #1

Pros

I love the students, and there are many great teachers at my school. Also, the parents are great. This district supports its teachers with extremely high levels of technology, which is great.

Cons

The pay is very low compared to other districts. Top heavy administration that is rude to teachers. Pink slipped every year for six years. Focus is on the district administration building and its employees rather than the classrooms. Too much focus on school sports, not enough on arts and other electives. No raise (not even a cost of living one,) in five years.

We need more dollars in the classroom and fewer at Sparrow Avenue. Read the last audit and actually act on it. Clerks and others at the district office need to know that their role is working to support classrooms- stop being rude to teachers! Without teachers, none of those folks would have jobs to begin with. Some of them shouldn't probably have jobs anyway....

7 Other Employee Reviews for Flagstaff Unified School District #1 (View Most Recent)

FUSD1

I have been working at Flagstaff Unified School District #1

Pros

This district offers the chance to work with students of many cultures and backgrounds. The staff at my school is very supportive and all get along well.

Cons

Class sizes are in the mid 30's in my class which makes teaching a challenge especially when multiple IEP's are involved.

Good part-time job for stay at home parents with school-age children.

Former Employee - Classified Staff in Flagstaff, AZ
    Former Employee - Classified Staff in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Flagstaff Unified School District #1 part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Summer vacation and other time off.

Cons

Low salary, lack of advancement opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for Flagstaff Unified School District #1