Flagstar Bancorp
www.flagstar.com Troy, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Stay away!

Retail Banking (Current Employee)

ProsNot much to go on. Co-workers are great to work with and benefits are decent.....Get some vacation but seems like a guilt trip anytime you asked for it because staffing is so poor.

ConsPoor management
Poor compensation
Extemely short staff
Poor attitudes
Micromanagement by force of upper management
Little opportunity
Poorly run company

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to boost employee morale. Senior management gets paid the big bucks. Can't seem to figure out why they can't do that with the positions they hold. Marketing can't seem to figure out how to drive business in the door. Only way to attract outside/potential customers is to go out and get them. Little marketing whatsoever. We are way down on the scale in production as compared to other banks. With extremely minimal staffing, makes it difficult to do our jobs. Need to recognize those that actually do work hard and pay them for it. Don't just hand over extra responsibilies with no reward. Keep your employees happy and the company will improve. Additionally, listen to what your employees have to say. It can't hurt!

Not a great place to work as they claim to be.

Post Closing Associate (Former Employee)
    Troy, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros: People Time off Loyal Employees Hard working Employees Cons: Pay Not promoting people, hard to move to a different department Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees well and with respect. Management not fair most… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very small bank. It was hard to get used to coming from a big bank

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros: Three weeks vacation. Very flexible schedule. Management gave time off… Cons: archaeic computer systems. Products do not compare to other banks. underpays… Advice to Senior Management: close sundays in ga. This is a bible belt state. People relax… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Flagstar Bancorp.

Worked for Flagstar Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flagstar Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flagstar Bancorp CEO Alessandro P. DiNello. All reviews posted anonymously by Flagstar Bancorp employees.