Flagstar Bancorp
www.flagstar.com Troy, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

needed more real training

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Canton, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Prosability to move up, do work as a teller and personal banker, provided two weeks of training (though it didn't seem like enough when I actually got to work. Provided a mentor for your first few weeks. (could have been better if the person was much more friendlier and willing to work)

ConsMuch lower pay than my old job as a teller at a bank with 3 times the amont of work, no benefits, no vacation days. Training didn't apply to real situations. Computer system was way back in time. I came from Chase Bank and they were very up on their technology, training, pay, and benefits.

Started better than it ended

Senior Retail Banking Assistant (Former Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros: It is a very employee-focused company, with many events designed to help decrease employee stress levels and to give them a reason to come to… Cons: Due to the economic problems, the bank has suffered, recently selling its branches in Indiana and Georgia. There are not… Advice to Senior Management: Don't lose that employee relationship aspect, no matter how bad things get. Make sure they all know… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Get to work with newer technology

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Troy, MI

I have been working at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros: Willingness to move onto new technologies, REST SOA type approaches. Independence and autonomy can… Cons: Management Change-Over a couple of years ago, and being owned by venture capitalist means a sale of the bank to a bigger bank is likely… Advice to Senior Management: Try and capitalize on the unique aspects of Flagstar, make sure those unique aspects are not crushed as we try and move into other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Flagstar Bancorp.

Worked for Flagstar Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flagstar Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flagstar Bancorp CEO Alessandro P. DiNello. All reviews posted anonymously by Flagstar Bancorp employees.