Flagstar Bancorp

www.flagstar.com
  www.flagstar.com
There are newer employer reviews for Flagstar Bancorp

You could be stuck forever

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst III in Troy, MI
Current Employee - Programmer Analyst III in Troy, MI

I have been working at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros

The company has some really skilled programmers and architects that allows a junior to grow.

Cons

However due to all kinds of management changes, you may get luck and get your promotion just by being there the right time and right spot, or you may be given the lip service forever.

141 Other Employee Reviews for Flagstar Bancorp (View Most Recent)

needed more real training

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canton, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Canton, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros

ability to move up, do work as a teller and personal banker, provided two weeks of training (though it didn't seem like enough when I actually got to work. Provided a mentor for your first few weeks. (could have been better if the person was much more friendlier and willing to work)

Cons

Much lower pay than my old job as a teller at a bank with 3 times the amont of work, no benefits, no vacation days. Training didn't apply to real situations. Computer system was way back in time. I came from Chase Bank and they were very up on their technology, training, pay, and benefits.

Started better than it ended

Former Employee - Senior Retail Banking Assistant in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Retail Banking Assistant in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros

It is a very employee-focused company, with many events designed to help decrease employee stress levels and to give them a reason to come to work. We had National Pancake Day, where we were greeted with pancakes, sausage and orange juice for breakfast. This company has subscribed to the "Fish Philosophy" and a "Get on the Bus" iniative and recognizes those who do a good job, sometimes even a handwritten note from one of the higer ups. It employs a majority of females, due to the industry, so it's a nice break from any male-dominated industry.

Cons

Due to the economic problems, the bank has suffered, recently selling its branches in Indiana and Georgia. There are not many options to move up in the company, (at least until the economy recovers fully) as positions have also been eliminated.

Don't lose that employee relationship aspect, no matter how bad things get. Make sure they all know that you are in it together, because it is so hard for tellers to relate to upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for Flagstar Bancorp