Flagstar Bancorp
www.flagstar.com Troy, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

I was promoted from within and given room to grow, but remain very underpaid and slightly overworked.

Unix Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Flagstar Bancorp

ProsNew hires are generally well paid and given opportunities to establish themselves. Support for training and professional development is also generally high. The bank is also frequently investigating or implementing new systems to bolster it's mortgage and lending platforms.

ConsAt times management and it's actions completely disconnect from reality in the IT department. IT makes solving problems long term very difficult. I can't speak for banking. The new management seems to be aligning the banking and lending arms with the needs of small businesses and mortgage consumers well.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company used to have a very "Family Owned" feel to it. There were minor social events which brought the various people and areas of the bank together, if only briefly. I know the more sarcastic employees scoffed at these gestures, but they did have an impact on overall morale and the familiarity of people within various business groups.

Senior Business Analyst

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Troy, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp full-time for more than a year

Pros: good location good pay easy hours No supervision Cons: Worst place I have ever worked. No one cares about doing a good job. Salaried employees clock in like they are hourly workers. Everyone is very unprofessional. Profanity… Advice to Senior Management: Fire all the management in IT and start over. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Be prepared to follow the rules that change every day.

Systems Administrator (Former Employee)

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros: Flexibility to work from home. Good benefits. Cons: Lack of career path. Goal planning and performance reviews… Advice to Senior Management: Quit playing favorites and make the organizational changes to distribute… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Flagstar Bancorp.

Worked for Flagstar Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flagstar Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flagstar Bancorp CEO Alessandro P. DiNello. All reviews posted anonymously by Flagstar Bancorp employees.