There are newer employer reviews for Flagstar Bancorp

Great sales experience

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  Jackson, MI
Former Employee - Personal Banker in Jackson, MI

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp part-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to make decent and above average income, great subordinate culture, independence in sales attainment, somewhat supportive management (every manager is different; some great some not so great)

Cons

Commission pay two months out, opportunities for promotion beyond personal banker is difficult and unlikely, positions are available as they are available, no succession planning, very quota/sales driven, new ideas and creativity looked down upon

Be realistic in employee expectations, get insight from the bottom line, inform before implementation

129 Other Employee Reviews for Flagstar Bancorp (View Most Recent)

Flagstar bank

Former Employee - Financial Service Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great schedule, 3 week vacation

Cons

pay, responsibilities, little advancement, Cash handling

nothing

Micro Managing Company with zero regard for their employees (Branch Manager)

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Flagstar Bancorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only pro is that fact they have health insurance for their employees.

Cons

Working at Flagstar was the worse decision in my life!! They micromanage everyone even the Managers who are meeting their goals. They spend over three hours per week on conference calls of which every discussion is based on what you are doing wrong!!! It is counterproductive and draining. Limited staffing is in the branches and they want the managers to go on business calls but how can they if they are running transactions? If you do not speak the same verbiage as the Market Manager or beat to his drum then you will be targeted for termination.
    Overall, they are adding more people to the upper management team while removing people from the branches. I can honestly say that it is the worse bank to work for in Michigan!!

Lastly, micromanagement to the ultimate level is the fact that they record every conference call so that the market manager can listen to ensure we are using his verbiage. WOW!!!
    I am looking for a new job because I have to get out of that toxic bank

The senior management should come to the branches and observe the stress level of the staff. They should focus on providing the team with the proper tools and resources so that they can be successful in their position. In addition, limit the number of weekly conference calls and take control of the out of control Micromanaging Market Manager.

There are newer employer reviews for Flagstar Bancorp

Worked for Flagstar Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!