Flagstar Bancorp
www.flagstar.com Troy, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Place is a joke

Personal Banker (Former Employee)

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

ProsBonus and incentive pay are wonderful if you get lucky enough to reach the ridiculous goals they set for the branch.

ConsThey make their branch goals almost impossible to reach. Their mentality on getting clients to open different accounts and products is comparable to that of a cheesy used car salesman. I took training, studied and got certifications to improve myself and my stock within the company so I could move up and I was constantly rejected. Then on the day I submitted my 2 week notice I was offered a management position but by that time I was so sick of how they did business, I didn't care.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking threats to your employees is not a great motivator in order to get more sales and accounts. It actually causes them to panic and they take whatever means necessary to meet the goals and often times quality of customer service is not up to par because they're only worried about getting people in accounts to meet specific goals instead of setting them up with the accounts that would be the best fit for the client.

Would've Liked to Stay

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros: As a direct lending manager you have access to the best of both worlds (lender/broker). Your… Cons: Support system could use work. There is definitely a "go… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure future branch managers have all the tools at their disposal (processors,… More

flagstar ok stepping stone

Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee)

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros: Flagstar has a competitive wage, ok benefits, friendly working staff,… Cons: not much room for growth, long hours, not much vacation time… Advice to Senior Management: Offer room for growth or opportunities to go back to… More

There are newer reviews on Flagstar Bancorp.

Worked for Flagstar Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flagstar Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flagstar Bancorp CEO Alessandro P. DiNello. All reviews posted anonymously by Flagstar Bancorp employees.