Flagstar Bancorp
www.flagstar.com Troy, MI 1000 to 5000 Employees

IT or Politics? Hard to tell the difference here.

Senior Applications Developer (Current Employee)
Troy, MI

ProsThe IT department within Flagstar uses cutting edge technologies.

ConsFlagstar has a highly politically charged atmosphere with favoritism shown blatantly by all ranks of management. Management seems more interested in supporting initiatives that promote personal growth rather than align themselves with company's growth. As a result, too many bad decisions on a daily basis have become the norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to start showing respect to their peers and their juniors. They need to engage people from all ranks, and stop assuming that making employees wear business suits everyday will improve the image of the company. Company image improves because of the inherent pride that employees have about their workplace. Pride comes from feeling empowered, from knowing that using their own judgement and serving the customer to their total satisfaction comes before pleasing upper management, and waiting for their explicit approval.

There are many natural leaders in the organization, but unfortunately tthey are not the ones leading the company. Ones that echo their bosses thoughts and sentiments are the ones in upper management ranks. Why pay someone, just to hear their own voice? Would they rather not have people who think with a fresh perspective and are happy to share their ideas?

I will be here...but will they?

Loan Originator (Former Employee)
    Kirkland, WA

I worked at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros: Great Technology, incredible response from the corporate level regarding program guidelines, technical systems as well as direct contact with the underwriters. I went… Cons: The Retail Home Lending division is, I think, very new to Flagstar as they have been primarily wholesale and now as with all banks they… Advice to Senior Management: Again, it's about recognizing the long term talent. We have been in the "gazillion dollar producer" mentality for the last few years and these… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

cdr

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Farmington, MI

I have been working at Flagstar Bancorp

Pros: It's a starter job at a growing bank. Cons: Took for granted my education, and felt that HR really… Advice to Senior Management: Just because they are family, doesn't mean they are qualified. More
There are newer reviews on Flagstar Bancorp.

Worked for Flagstar Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flagstar Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flagstar Bancorp CEO Alessandro P. DiNello. All reviews posted anonymously by Flagstar Bancorp employees.