Place is a joke

Former Employee - Personal Banker
Former Employee - Personal Banker

Pros

Bonus and incentive pay are wonderful if you get lucky enough to reach the ridiculous goals they set for the branch.

Cons

They make their branch goals almost impossible to reach. Their mentality on getting clients to open different accounts and products is comparable to that of a cheesy used car salesman. I took training, studied and got certifications to improve myself and my stock within the company so I could move up and I was constantly rejected. Then on the day I submitted my 2 week notice I was offered a management position but by that time I was so sick of how they did business, I didn't care.

Advice to Management

Making threats to your employees is not a great motivator in order to get more sales and accounts. It actually causes them to panic and they take whatever means necessary to meet the goals and often times quality of customer service is not up to par because they're only worried about getting people in accounts to meet specific goals instead of setting them up with the accounts that would be the best fit for the client.

Other Employee Reviews for Flagstar Bank

1. flagstar ok stepping stone

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor
    Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor

Pros

Flagstar has a competitive wage, ok benefits, friendly working staff, upper management is good at handling lower management problems or laziness.

Cons

not much room for growth, long hours, not much vacation time or flexibility with schedule, small benefits package. lower management needs more training.

Advice to Management

Offer room for growth or opportunities to go back to school. offer more of a flexible schedule, better benefits for families.

2. Flagstar Bank will elevate you to new levels, if you do the same for them

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Flagstar Bank offers a level of security that is not found in larger financial institutions today. The institution is primarily run by a family who started the firm and has been in the business for 39 years. They are very family focused and the employees reap the benefits with support from management. There was an employee who passed away a few years ago and left behind children and a wife and had no life insurance. The leadership stepped up and created a fund to help the family is very short order. That in itself speaks volumes about the type of firm you would be working for. Do not be mistaken, they are very shrewd and make the tough decisions every day. But overall, Flagstar is an amazing company to work for.

Cons

Recent private equity investment injecting the typical big bank mentality after years of bliss

Advice to Management

Listen to other than yourselves!