Meritocracy at it's finest

Current Employee - Senior Account Management in Rolling Meadows, IL
Current Employee - Senior Account Management in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Sales
Great Income Potential
Awesome People

Cons

Only the strong survive
Cold Calling is needed
Training could be better

Advice to Management

Most of the Management came from the role of Account Management, so they know what the job entails. The only advice I can give is if management encourages more team building activities.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Former "Regional Account Manager"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at FleetMatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great payoff if you're built for sales

Cons

I wanted to take the time to provide an honest look inside of this company for anyone that is considering a sales opportunity here. First and foremost, let me preface this by saying I have no hard feelings whatsoever, and this by no means is intended to be deflammatory. That being stated, let me expound further.

Firstly, the title of Account Manager does not accurately reflect what you will actually be doing. ‘Appointment Setter’ would be a less disingenious title to accurately conveys your day to day responsibilities. You have no accounts already in your name, you do not manage any accounts; Just leads that you call in an attempt to set a subsequent appointment with a Closer. It is a great opportunity if you’re skilled with sales, so this by no means is meant to be a deterrent. You will need to make somewhere between 90 - 100 apps daily to set 1 appointment.

It’s not for everyone, it wasn’t for me. But if you’re good at sales, go for it. It’s not my style to deflame former employers, so I will not pick up that habit now. Go in, work hard, understand that this will more than likely be the hardest sales job you’ve had, you have strict break/lunch times and will sometimes have to go to meetings/trainings during lunch. They are going places, it’s a great company overall for sales reps. If you’re more soft spoken or consultative, this may not be for you.

Not everyone is cut out for this

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at FleetMatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, Happy Customers. Good Customer Service.

Cons

Pay structure isn't achievable for most people who work there. Lots of people come and go pretty quick.

Advice to Management

Should be paid hourly plus commission. Hours are not what they are posted or paid,