good because I like the people I worked with

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor

Pros

very muticultural, they hire a lot of ex military and older people so the atmophere is very professional and very respectful They have the best configuration of SalesForce I have ever seen..

Cons

Biggest gripe is the way they treated me when I had two brothers die within two weeks, My manager actually wrote that I had missed a lot of work (5 days total) and talked to me. I promised that no one from my family would die in the next year and decided I was out of here.

Advice to Management

increase the call metrics needed (ok just made myself a target) allow people to make more calls without making it the "company standard"

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Survival of the Fittest: a place where you will get rewarded if you prove your value.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros

FleetCor is a pleasant place to work. People are kind and respectful for the most part, however it is an entrepreneurial atmosphere to the extreme. Top performers are rewarded handsomely, but you must prove your value and ask for it.

Cons

The lack of formal processes for many things, including annual reviews, is quite atypical and can be off-putting to people accustomed to them. I don’t know why the company doesn’t do traditional reviews, but the review process is much simpler: if you hit your plan, you “win” if not you don’t… I don’t miss them too much, because my experience at other companies was these were typically formal BS where you’d get jammed into some matrix.

Advice to Management

Given the clear desire to not have a formal review process, the company should create some sort of feedback mechanism for no other reason than to ensure people who are being communicated to via regular management processes get spoke to on a regular basis. Also, make performance based raises more overt and planned for: “if you do X, Y and Z, we will give you a raise of $$$.”

Fleetcor is a perfect example of why the march on Wall Street is taking place.

Current Employee - Operations in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Operations in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros

Nothing except a pay check and I only say this to meet the 5 word minimum.

Cons

To save you time simply put everything, everything, everything, everything, everything.

Advice to Management

You have to show your employees some real appreciation hint hint and I don't mean a turkey sandwich for lunch. A raise would be nice since everything except our pay is going up. Why not give your employees gas cards instead of Executives, they make enough money. Since going public the Executives are driving really nice expensive new cars. Also hire Managers that can bring new ideas and knowledge to their department, and not depend on under paid employees to do all the thinking for them, make them earn their bonus.