Fleetcor

www.fleetcor.com

My Experience At Fleetcor Has Been Very Dysfunctional

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsIt is in a relatively stable industry and the company is making lots of money, it pays the bills (marginally), they are lean and have not had any workforce reductions in my time there. Lastly, they offer lots of health wellness education for those that need it. Other than that Fleetcor does nothing more than provide a plain old job.

ConsThe culture here is very dysfunctional - lacks structure/organization. Communication from executive leadership is completely non-existent. The company is extremely disorganized and executes every new initiative poorly. Human Resources has more power than managers and executives. Company vendors are pathetic and not held accountable. The company is unethical. They do not give employees regular feedback on performance...perhaps that's because the company does not complete merit reviews - you will never get a raise, regardless of how hard you work or how well you perform - Who does that, especially when the company is making so much $$$? This breeds mediocre performance. Most of the middle managers and (especially the sales people) are lazy and incompetent. The culture is very reactive versus proactive. Benefits are sub-par if you have ever worked for an established company. No formal bonus structure is in place, although some people may be given one at the end of the year if they are liked. Half of the people across the entire organization are rude and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat if given a chance. Culture is resistant to change and just wants to do things in the a$$ backward ways it's accustomed to doing them. No one is held accountable for anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhew...where do I start? Well you can start by reading the Cons above. 95% of your employees don't even know who you are. You don't communicate with them and it appears as though you don't believe employees are stakeholders of the corporation. That's a fundamental difference in what I believe. We don't know what the company's strategic plans/goals are because you never tell us. How do you expect the business units to align their activities to goals when you have not even shared the goals with them? You seriously need to reconsider the "no raise/merit increase" policy. When you do this, inflation increases the cost of living and it erodes your employees income, of course you know that, because you're smart and you're the boss. The brightest, most talented people will not stick around long under this policy. For crying out loud, Fleetcor is a public company now, it's time to start acting like one.

GROWING COMPANY-- GREAT BENEFITS & FUN ENVIRONMENT

Middle Management (Current Employee) Norcross, GA

I have been working at Fleetcor

Pros: FleetCor is a company that has grown tremendously. It has several locations through the US and worldwide, therefore there is ALOT of room for… Cons: Yearly increases would be nice but unfortunately at the moment this is not… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to give feedback on your employees. Make them feel… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

good because I like the people I worked with

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

I worked at Fleetcor

Pros: very muticultural, they hire a lot of ex military and older people so the atmophere… Cons: Biggest gripe is the way they treated me when I had two brothers die within two weeks, My manager actually wrote that I had missed… Advice to Senior Management: increase the call metrics needed (ok just made myself a target)… More
There are newer reviews on Fleetcor.

Worked for Fleetcor? Contribute to the Community!