One of the better big PR firms in terms of collaboration, but interoffice politics is frustrating

Former Employee - Senior Vice President  in  Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC

I worked at Fleishman-Hillard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good international footprint, some good big anchor brands, less competitive internally and more collaborative (but this can depend on which office you work in).

Cons

Knowledge sharing is haphazard, some senior consultants are only there because they have worked in the company for 20 years, interoffice politics, poor HR/career development

Improve OD and career development programs, improve inter-office coordination and collaboration

Other Reviews for Fleishman-Hillard

Intern at Fleishman

Current Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Fleishman-Hillard as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Professional, respected firm in the PR industry. Lots of opportunities for professional growth in a challenging, fast-paced environment.

Cons

Long hours, can be difficult to turn an internship into a full-time position. The hiring process is fairly drawn-out, and at times the load of work can be overwhelming.

Fast-paced, excellent learning opportunity

I worked at Fleishman-Hillard full-time

Pros

Fleishman-Hillard gives you the opportunity to work on very high-profile clients and recognizable brands. Everything I did while I was there was a great skill-builder. They also provide excellent training opportunities, and really see the "big picture" as far as staying ahead of the curve of industry trends, so I felt like I was working at a place that was always teaching me.

Cons

The workload is intense, and with client work, there are always a lot of fire drills, sometimes after hours and on weekends. You are always expected to be connected to your phone and available, no matter what.

Need to have more programs/opportunities in place to make employees feel valued - people work very hard, and there wasn't a lot of recognition.

There are newer employer reviews for Fleishman-Hillard.

Worked for Fleishman-Hillard? Contribute to the Community!