Fleishman-Hillard
www.fleishmanhillard.com Saint Louis, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

A Rare Opportunity to Make Your Own Way

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsOne of the FH core tenets is respect for the individual. That rings true to me every day I work here because with dedication and hard work (and sure some natural talent never hurts), a person can drive one's own career path at FH so that the job you have is what you have made for yourself. How can you not love that? Of course, teamwork is everything, but our teams typically consist of many different types of people, with different strengths and interests, who have each been encouraged to develop a personal career path within FH.
Additionally, the people are all at the top of their games, and are nice as well. In our group, we strive to lead, to be thought-leaders for our sector and to get the accounts associated with top-tier agencies. That drive to succeed is truly amazing, not on its own, but when it is reinforced again and again by Senior Partners on down to SAE's. FH'ers don't typically "settle." That's a great thing because even when you may not be helping with the biggest pitch of the week, or a part of finishing up a huge, global project, you're still working for top-shelf clients doing interesting work, and an environment has been created wherein you can be happy for those who are taking the spotlight at any given time. There is a culture at FHDC, that celebrates every participant, and that's a rare thing to come by.

ConsI've never worked for such a large agency before and the size took some getting used to, but I've acclimated. In the beginning, I may ave been daunted by the fact that we were bringing in experts from FHUK or Tokyo for something, but there's such value in that global network it outweighs any concerns I had RE practicality or logistics for an individual project.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn DC, since there is a large Digital / Creative group and the mantra at FH has been about integration, it might make sense to have a job shadow day, within FHDC. So that the creatives can better know the smaller details of the account side of things, and vice versa.

Far from what I expected

Intern (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fleishman-Hillard

Pros: The company has a fantastic reputation; experience here will enhance your resume. Attractive office. Free soda and snacks. Opportunity to deal with major companies. Good… Cons: Interns treated very poorly. No guidance, training or explanation. Expected to know how to use complex in-house systems and programs that you have never used… Advice to Senior Management: FH may be a phenomenal place to work for most employees, but the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Would recommend FH as a company to work for

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fleishman-Hillard

Pros: Allows all employees to work above their level (manage clients early on), never spoken to based on level, lots of opportunities… Cons: A little too "corporate", often work alone as opposed to… Advice to Senior Management: Be more transparent with what is happening internally - it doesn't always feel like FH has good… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fleishman-Hillard.

Worked for Fleishman-Hillard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fleishman-Hillard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fleishman-Hillard CEO Dave Senay. All reviews posted anonymously by Fleishman-Hillard employees.