FleishmanHillard

www.fleishmanhillard.com
There are newer employer reviews for FleishmanHillard

FH is the best place I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Senior Partner in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Partner in Washington, DC

I have been working at FleishmanHillard

Pros

The FH culture is the best in the industry. The company is full of smart people who enjoy working together. Management is supportive, not abusive, as it is in other agencies. I've traveled to a lot of other offices and I've always been welcomed by warm hospitable people who have the same goals and motivations as I do -- to do the best job possible for our clients and ourselves. I've never worked in a place that cared so much about their employees. There's very little internal politics. In general, FH is just a great place to build a career.

Cons

The downside of the culture of being nice, is that sometimes situations are allowed to linger longer than others may think they should. There can be a feeling that people are allowed to get away with under-performing. Public relations is a demanding career in general. Because it's all client-focused, you're basically on-call all the time. FH has tended to be conservative in its approach but that isn't as true anymore.

Pay everyone as much as possible.

216 Other Employee Reviews for FleishmanHillard (View Most Recent)

A good experience overall

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FleishmanHillard

Pros

Fleishman-Hillard is an international network of smart, strategic PR professionals who are committed to teamwork across offices and geographic region. You can tap into the thinking, insight and industry knowledge of colleagues at any time, allowing you to provide much stronger advice to your clients than if you were working at just a small PR agency. And you can learn from wonderful mentors.
    You also get the opportunity to work on big brand companies and large accounts.

Cons

Not always at the forefront of new communications opportunities. Sometimes felt old school.
    Hours are long. SF office was particularly recognized as working longer hours than some of the other offices.

Remember that if you drive people too hard for too long, they either burn out or leave to thrive elsewhere.

Great experience!

Former Employee - Freelancer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Freelancer in Washington, DC

I worked at FleishmanHillard

Pros

The people at Fleishman-Hillard are wonderful to work with - pleasant, intelligent, talented, and fun. It's a very flat organization and senior management is very unpretentious and accessible. Excellent client base, company seems strongly respected within its industry.

Fleishman's client base is a plus. The DC office has a number of federal government clients that will insulate the company from the business cycle to an extent, but it also has major corporate accounts. Client-focused professionals, especially in more senior roles, often get opportunities to travel to client offices, sometimes internationally.

The DC office has a great location, especially for young people who can live in urban neighborhoods and walk or bike to work.

Cons

PR is a professional service industry, so employees are sometimes at the mercy of client demands. Teams occasionally had to work unpredictable hours. That seems standard for the industry, though.

Keep up the good work and good luck during the downturn!

There are newer employer reviews for FleishmanHillard