A great place to work

Current Employee - Designer in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Designer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard

Pros

The Career Opportunities. The people that I work with are always there to help me on the projects that I work on. I feel I can go and talk to any of the leadership of he company to talk about any problem or issue that I have. The pay is very good.The benefits are in line with almost any other company in the area. They go out of their way to help with your professional growth by offering different classes or seminars to help you reach your goals. Always giving recognition to the people that deserve it. Overall I have been very happy to work at Fleishman-Hillard.

Cons

I think the only down side to working at Fleishman-Hillard is the long hours. It is often expected to put work over personal matters for the client.

Advice to Management

None

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best-in-class workplace filled with wonderful people doing cutting edge work for terrific global clients

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at FleishmanHillard

Pros

Not only are the people here exceptionally talented, they are truly good people. The company invests heavily in professional development and building strong relationships throughout the network...a network that truly works toegether. Also, the company is moving quickly to dominate the digital space; while others talk about it, FH is really doing something about it. Working on global clients is also a real kick; more than 120 of the company's top 200 clients ask FH to work on more than one continent, giving employees a truly global employment opportunity. FH has staying power, too, because of its rich culture based on respect for the individual..

Cons

FH requires a personal commitment because our clients expect it; not a place to work if you don't want to work hard. People who apply to FH need to look deep inside themselves; are they service minded? do they enjoy the victory on the team level? can they share praise? are they social animals? are they ethically inclined? are they, by second nature, entrepreneurs? The agency has a great deal of intellectual diversity but does not tolerate people who are counter cultural. Anyone who puts "me first" will find their way out the door pretty quickly. Sure, the company makes mistakes, but almost never repeats them.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the clients and the staff. There are lots of distractions in this crazy world. Plus, being owned by a publicly held company means we need to manage more closely for profit. This is a shock for people coming from a liberal arts background! But FH should continue to focus on training so "word people" like me can become better "business people" that the times demand. also, keep pouring on the coals onto the digital fire Dave Senay has set in the place. Exactly the right thing to do at exactly the right time.

2. Positive People Should Work for Fleishman-Hillard

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at FleishmanHillard

Pros

FH is about as nice a company of professional people as one could ever hope for. Plus, they have what it takes to get the job done to the best of any agency's ability -- the people, the services, the global network, and up-to-date technology and program offerings. They're often ahead of the game.

Cons

None, if you're a take-charge, positive person.

Advice to Management

Maintain the personal touch -- with clients, staff, etc. It is what will keep us going in spite of the economy.