There are newer employer reviews for FleishmanHillard

Unmatched expertise.

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FleishmanHillard

Pros

The network of experts in F-H is outstanding. Even as a senior counselor, I am still always learning and growing through professionals that have unmatched industry experience. You have to work hard to build your own network here, but once you do, you find the most incredible resources that have seen and done it all. Even better, the high-level of ethical standards at the firm means that the advice you will get for your client from your colleagues is always in their best interest, making you feel confident in your counsel. This expertise rolls down to the Jr. staff who are second to none on quality of work.

Cons

Because of the size of the network, you have to work hard on making your own personal connections. You will not be handed a cushy role, you must take responsibility for your own career and seek out ways to get involved and build your own connections.

Always look for the big picture. F-H's differentiation is in its global collaboration of experts. Be sure to foster that through goals and requirements of Senior Management.

196 Other Employee Reviews for FleishmanHillard (View Most Recent)

Hardworking or overworked?

Current Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard

Pros

The people are intelligent and hardworking. There is definitely a competitive atmosphere which keeps most people on their toes but at the same time, teamwork is both required and appreciated so there isn't a lot of jealousy in the office. I also noticed that Fleishman-Hillard opperates with very little waste. The executives are always conscience of the amount of money that they spend and employees and managers are constantly reminded to show respect for clients budgets to avoid waste. Also you will get some of the best experience in the industry. It is important to remember that PR happens outside of New York, too, and there are many companies that need help throughout the US.

Cons

Employees are overworked due to the billing system and often people take their jobs too seriously. In addition, I find that I am often conflicted about the nature of the work in that the clients seek our expertise in a time of crisis regardless of the industry. If someone views their jobs and a reflection on their morality than, perhaps, FH is not the place for you. You will represent companies that you do not believe in. Furthermore, PR companies are always at the mercy of their clients. There are good clients but a large number of them treat you with little respect.

They should redesign the office. The gray is awful

A great place to work

Current Employee - Designer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Designer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FleishmanHillard

Pros

The Career Opportunities. The people that I work with are always there to help me on the projects that I work on. I feel I can go and talk to any of the leadership of he company to talk about any problem or issue that I have. The pay is very good.The benefits are in line with almost any other company in the area. They go out of their way to help with your professional growth by offering different classes or seminars to help you reach your goals. Always giving recognition to the people that deserve it. Overall I have been very happy to work at Fleishman-Hillard.

Cons

I think the only down side to working at Fleishman-Hillard is the long hours. It is often expected to put work over personal matters for the client.

None