FleishmanHillard

There are newer employer reviews for FleishmanHillard

Intern at Fleishman

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at FleishmanHillard as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Professional, respected firm in the PR industry. Lots of opportunities for professional growth in a challenging, fast-paced environment.

Cons

Long hours, can be difficult to turn an internship into a full-time position. The hiring process is fairly drawn-out, and at times the load of work can be overwhelming.

209 Other Employee Reviews for FleishmanHillard (View Most Recent)

Fast-paced, excellent learning opportunity

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time

Pros

Fleishman-Hillard gives you the opportunity to work on very high-profile clients and recognizable brands. Everything I did while I was there was a great skill-builder. They also provide excellent training opportunities, and really see the "big picture" as far as staying ahead of the curve of industry trends, so I felt like I was working at a place that was always teaching me.

Cons

The workload is intense, and with client work, there are always a lot of fire drills, sometimes after hours and on weekends. You are always expected to be connected to your phone and available, no matter what.

Need to have more programs/opportunities in place to make employees feel valued - people work very hard, and there wasn't a lot of recognition.

The Land of Oz

Former Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Vice President in Washington, DC

I worked at FleishmanHillard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A brilliant staff - 95% of whom are the best and the brightest in communications but are not allowed by management to know that, think that, feel that, or ever believe it.

Cons

FH-DC. Frozen in time. A relic of a bygone era.
    A PR principality -- a Bermuda Triangle Kingdom - ruled and carefully controlled by a core group of lifers who will do it whatever it takes to ensure new blood, fresh thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit never get in the way of their entitled way of life and a Downtown Abbey approach to management.

Get out of the Bermuda Triangle -- the suburbs and your safe little offices -- and interact with rough and tumble world of Washington, DC. You are strategically located in the nation's capital for a reason. The White House is actually 4 blocks away. Really..it is. Embrace the most powerful city in the world that surrounds you. Build business because of it. Once you rediscover what your are no longer in Kansas but in Washington, DC, you'll also realize it's no longer 1998 -- the year when you last ventured beyond L Street with a new idea or sense of curiosity. Heh...did you hear the nation has an African American president now? It may be a good time to dust off that "how do we pretend to be diverse overnight" memo.

There are newer employer reviews for FleishmanHillard