FleishmanHillard

A Rare Opportunity to Make Your Own Way

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at FleishmanHillard

Pros

One of the FH core tenets is respect for the individual. That rings true to me every day I work here because with dedication and hard work (and sure some natural talent never hurts), a person can drive one's own career path at FH so that the job you have is what you have made for yourself. How can you not love that? Of course, teamwork is everything, but our teams typically consist of many different types of people, with different strengths and interests, who have each been encouraged to develop a personal career path within FH.
Additionally, the people are all at the top of their games, and are nice as well. In our group, we strive to lead, to be thought-leaders for our sector and to get the accounts associated with top-tier agencies. That drive to succeed is truly amazing, not on its own, but when it is reinforced again and again by Senior Partners on down to SAE's. FH'ers don't typically "settle." That's a great thing because even when you may not be helping with the biggest pitch of the week, or a part of finishing up a huge, global project, you're still working for top-shelf clients doing interesting work, and an environment has been created wherein you can be happy for those who are taking the spotlight at any given time. There is a culture at FHDC, that celebrates every participant, and that's a rare thing to come by.

Cons

I've never worked for such a large agency before and the size took some getting used to, but I've acclimated. In the beginning, I may ave been daunted by the fact that we were bringing in experts from FHUK or Tokyo for something, but there's such value in that global network it outweighs any concerns I had RE practicality or logistics for an individual project.

In DC, since there is a large Digital / Creative group and the mantra at FH has been about integration, it might make sense to have a job shadow day, within FHDC. So that the creatives can better know the smaller details of the account side of things, and vice versa.

209 Other Employee Reviews for FleishmanHillard (View Most Recent)

A big shop where people come and go

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FleishmanHillard

Pros

Knowledgeable staff; great exposure to big clients that have the bucks to come through the door; different opportunities that one wouldn’t find at a smaller firm.

Cons

No real emphasis on development among the staff; very little if any collaboration between offices around the country especially when sharing talents of people; it’s all about the bottom line vs. using resources; jobs will be terminated well before any efforts are made to retain staff in lean times; high billing rates for too-heavy senior staff on teams depletes budgets faster than you can say bonus.

Don't think management really cares about it's staff as they've let go of far too many talented people instead of trying to keep them.

Far from what I expected

Current Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FleishmanHillard

Pros

The company has a fantastic reputation; experience here will enhance your resume. Attractive office. Free soda and snacks. Opportunity to deal with major companies. Good hours, too (from about 8 a.m. yo 5 p.m.) Everyone who works here takes what they do very seriously -- they're passion about their jobs and, no doubt, good at them.

Cons

Interns treated very poorly. No guidance, training or explanation. Expected to know how to use complex in-house systems and programs that you have never used before. On my first day, I was scheduled to meet one-on-one with several account execs, and half blew off our meetings. Very cold, impersonal feeling to the office.

FH may be a phenomenal place to work for most employees, but the intern program needs some improvement. Training, guidance, development -- even just a cordial relationship.

There are newer employer reviews for FleishmanHillard