FleishmanHillard

Great Internship Experience

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at FleishmanHillard

Pros

You gain experience at a large public relations firm with some of the most amazing people in the profession. Co-workers are very supportive and helpful. Truly an amazing place to be an intern!

Cons

Working at a large firm you sometimes feel like you get lost among all of the other people. Interns have a lot of great opportunities here, but of course there is a lot of administrative work to be done too.

Sometimes it seems that the management at Fleishman is scared of ambition and ambitious people. Obviously this is understandable because of the harm that could come from being different, but it's also important to remember that there can't be great rewards without a little risk.

209 Other Employee Reviews for FleishmanHillard (View Most Recent)

Life after Omnicom no bed of roses

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at FleishmanHillard

Pros

Opportunity to work on large, sometimes challenging clients and with bright, hard-working people.

Cons

Omnicom's purchase of FH benefited a reasonable number of people. But the work atmosphere deteriorated after the purchase. Senior executives are now sometimes vicious and untrustworthy under the pressure for billings and profits. Former CEO John Graham's culture of respect, encouragement and acceptance of a wide variety of people is gone, leaving long hours without the rewards that existed in the past. Stay away.

The talent and commitment of your staff are your only product. Act like it.

A Rare Opportunity to Make Your Own Way

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Washington, DC

I have been working at FleishmanHillard

Pros

One of the FH core tenets is respect for the individual. That rings true to me every day I work here because with dedication and hard work (and sure some natural talent never hurts), a person can drive one's own career path at FH so that the job you have is what you have made for yourself. How can you not love that? Of course, teamwork is everything, but our teams typically consist of many different types of people, with different strengths and interests, who have each been encouraged to develop a personal career path within FH.
    Additionally, the people are all at the top of their games, and are nice as well. In our group, we strive to lead, to be thought-leaders for our sector and to get the accounts associated with top-tier agencies. That drive to succeed is truly amazing, not on its own, but when it is reinforced again and again by Senior Partners on down to SAE's. FH'ers don't typically "settle." That's a great thing because even when you may not be helping with the biggest pitch of the week, or a part of finishing up a huge, global project, you're still working for top-shelf clients doing interesting work, and an environment has been created wherein you can be happy for those who are taking the spotlight at any given time. There is a culture at FHDC, that celebrates every participant, and that's a rare thing to come by.

Cons

I've never worked for such a large agency before and the size took some getting used to, but I've acclimated. In the beginning, I may ave been daunted by the fact that we were bringing in experts from FHUK or Tokyo for something, but there's such value in that global network it outweighs any concerns I had RE practicality or logistics for an individual project.

In DC, since there is a large Digital / Creative group and the mantra at FH has been about integration, it might make sense to have a job shadow day, within FHDC. So that the creatives can better know the smaller details of the account side of things, and vice versa.

There are newer employer reviews for FleishmanHillard