Fletcher Jones Motor Cars

www.fjmercedes.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Fletcher Jones Motor Cars

Expect too much for minimum wage.

Current Employee - Do Not Remember in Newport Beach, CA
Current Employee - Do Not Remember in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Fletcher Jones Motor Cars

Pros

Gorgeous facility, beautiful cars, etc.

Cons

They expect too much for minimum wage, barely train you, and the sales people expect a lot from you as well.

Train the new hire properly and pay more if you are gonna expect a lot.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Fletcher Jones Motor Cars (View Most Recent)

Quid pro quo at its finest

I have been working at Fletcher Jones Motor Cars

Pros

Hard work will always benefit you here but there are plenty of people affected positively and negatively by favoritism. When it comes to the service dept. The work is always there. They stay incredibly busy if not at very least consistent. Benefits are great and as an apprentice there is plenty of training and incentives. They keep their techs well trained and offer monthly incentive bonuses based on flag hours. Over all its the nicest shop around and rarely under equipped for new procedures. The pay is competitive and in most cases industry leading. The shop foreman are a good group of guys but have a lot on their plate. Uniforms washed weekly and an awesome Christmas party at the Ritz!

Cons

They are in a never ending battle to evenly distribute work and prevent greedy techs from gaining the upper hand. Management changes pay structure and in most cases it does not benefit the employees. Everyone except a select few has to ride a shuttle from an off site parking lot (which is usually running late) and even though parking for customer vehicles may become limited, upper management still uses 15% of the on site parking. But who cares right? It's only the employees who have to deal with the double parked cars... Money is literally the only thing that keeps people dealing with utter BS. In some cases that isn't enough. There have been times when it felt like a revolving door. I often wonder what the fixed ops director actually "does" in a given work day. If it's all about money and you can deal with no questions asked BS you will do alright here. I've seen how many people leave because of it though. As always you need to "cover your butt" or anything that goes wrong is usually blamed on the techs. Which by the way are the back bone and unsung hero's of this establishment. Sales usually gets more praise and dibs on things they want for their dept.

Stop asking us what we think if our opinions make no difference. Start being proactive on what your employees are asking to be done within reason. Stop telling us you need to save money and turn around and spend it on useless upgrades that don't effect efficiency. And for god sakes stick up for the "little guy" he/she is the veritable grease on your big fancy wheels.

Corrupt

I worked at Fletcher Jones Motor Cars

Pros

Nice Facilities, good pay, thats all

Cons

Management from the GM down is extremely corrupt they are funneling deals to certain salesmen who are

There are newer employer reviews for Fletcher Jones Motor Cars