Flexco
www.flexco.com Downers Grove, IL 500 to 999 Employees

Great benefits but archaic management style

Engineer (Former Employee)
Downers Grove, IL

ProsCompensation from this company is without a doubt the best I've ever seen from a manufacturing plant. High salaries, bonuses and vacation time are all superb. Very relaxed work environment, to the point where employees falling asleep is a standard problem.

ConsThis company is in business simply because they own most of their market. If not for the large reserves of money they have or if they ever had a serious competitor, their doors would have been shut long ago. Management is never held accountable for anything it seems.
  I witnessed gross errors in judgement in many areas of this company that cost close to millions to fix, yet nobody was punished or even reprimanded. These same individuals that caused this would then lay low for a while as to not draw any more attention to themselves. But sure enough, they'd be back to making colossal mistakes in no time. Yet it seemed their past mistakes were forgotten and Flexco would just spend thousands and thousands of dollars trying to fix something rather than admit it was a mistake in the first place and prevent it from happening again.
  They like to promote from within, giving your average employee a hope they can move up. The problem with this concept is that if you hire people that aren't capable or unwilling to better themselves, then you're left with a very shallow pool of talent to promote up. This is extremely obvious in the lower management, floor manager level.
  For technical machine operator positions, their HR department would hire the people here. However, their HR department was not made of technical people. So it was incredibly easy to b.s. your way through a job interview and be placed into a position you had no right being in. This would result in larger problems down the road as people, who had no idea what they were doing, were put in charge of large, complicated machinery.
  Rather than bringing in fresh talent with new ideas, the same old people are brought up through the ranks. And it becomes more of a game to protect oneself rather than make the company better. There are managers there who were promoted simply because they kissed the right butts. And it's not like this isn't obvious within the first month of working there. Flexco cherishes their "low turnover and family environment" to the point they just ignore these issues for fear of creating waves. I would be very curious to see how this company operated if there wasn't a large pool of cash holding it afloat. If they would stick to their ideals all the way to bankruptcy or if they would start to take a long hard look at themselves and remove the incompetent.
  I know this just sounds like the ramblings of a jaded ex-employee, but this company really isn't too bad a place to work for the average person. It just needs to drop the "no man left behind" routine and get rid of a lot of the dead weight bogging it down. It definitely has the potential to do well.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the people who clearly have no business in the positions they are in. You know who they are, but are just afraid to do it for some reason.

Great overall company with strong leadership

Exempt Business Professional (Current Employee)

I have been working at Flexco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great executive team and company culture. Flexco is a rare place to work where employees are truly valued and their input matters. Many… Cons: Some aspects of old-fashioned practices (such as a 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks for office professionals). Some resistance to change from employees who… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A positively different place to work with great people and great benefits.

Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Flexco

Pros: Benefits, Vacation Time, Bonuses, Travel Opportunities, Willingness to Share Financial… Cons: Not all employees are treated equally. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Flexco.

Worked for Flexco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flexco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flexco CEO Richard White. All reviews posted anonymously by Flexco employees.