Tough Economy

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Flexsteel

Pros

All products made in the usa. Very high quality. fast delivery times. Many factories across usa. Hands on sales mangers.

Cons

High Priced versus the competition. Many, many, many competitors. Need to have more fashion forward designs. New product introductions. Need more sales tools.

Advice to Management

Please listen to sale people and regard their input. Rethink current advertising practices. Bring up commission levels. Improve inner factory communications

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Low pay, decent benefits, little chance to move up unless someone retires

I worked at Flexsteel full-time

Pros

The benefits are decent working there, insurance was rather inexpensive and covered us well. They also do respect work/life balance if you need to handle something. They do make very nice furniture, if you can afford it.

Cons

Just about everything else not in pros. There is little opportunity to move up unless someone retires in your dept. Pay is rather low, even for the area. Managers play definite favorites amongst employees, and you are completely dispensable if you aren't one of them. Senior managers took forever to make any kind of decision. Corporate culture/values? They don't have any, and pay lip service to it at best.

Advice to Management

Spending money on a brand new office building a few years after shuttering outside plants and laying off workers? What kind of message do you think that sends?

2. FlexSteel is Okay

I worked at Flexsteel

Pros

Flexsteel has decent pay, and perks such as buying their furniture for cost. The work environment is not too stressful on most days.

Cons

I wasn't trained very well on what I was supposed to do. My direct supervisor abused her position and made me do all of my work and most of her work.

Advice to Management

Upper management should make sure that middle management is doing it's job the way that it is supposed to be done.