A good place to work.

Current Employee - Buyer III in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Buyer III in Plano, TX

Pros

Facility is very good. Tools given are good. Management is supportive.

Cons

Freguency of being on credit hold because Corporate wants to report a good cash position

Advice to Management

Do not stop paying suppliers at the end of each quarter.

Other Employee Reviews for Flextronics

1. Solid place to work but not a career

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good starting pay. Tight knit team. Management was very supportive of personal needs. Benefits package was good compared to other companies I for. Management was easy to communicate to and they really respected me as an individual. I felt like they really knew me and not just saw me as a number on payroll.

Cons

No pay raise for the entire time in was there which was 2 years. Management made decisions that reallynhindered what you could do to help the customers. It also seemed like the changes came from people who did not put themselves in the front line person's shoes. Promotions didn't always happen from within even though the team members at the location were definitely worthy.

Advice to Management

A pay raise for the high level of stress would be definitely worth the crap taken from customers everyday. The customers either under appreciate us or totally dump on us and it would help if we were allowed to do a little more then what we are allowed to do to help. Also something should be done about what is communicated to customers concerning what to expect from the DSC. Simple store visits by store management does not help. Telephone customer service agents that refer customers to the store need to know exactly what to expect so store techs don't get exploded on as often as it happens. Something can be done to help. And oh yeah, a pay raise.. Flex is an international company. Stop being so cheap.

2. Flex Pros Cons

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

Flex is a global company with sites in many different countries. Many of the sites feature amenities like a cafes, gyms, and rec areas. Many sites also offer bonuses and incentive based compensation to hourly employees.

Cons

Due to the lean nature of the business model, not all sites enjoy the amenities above. Often, employees are placed under harsh work schedules and are asked to perform well under heavy pressure.

Advice to Management

Offer more incentives, bonuses for hourly employees could go a long way. Also, a clear path to employment for temporary employees could be beneficial to overall morale.