There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

Easy work, great pay and great people.

Former Employee - Retail Technician in Marlborough, MA
Former Employee - Retail Technician in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

The job was easy and the pay that you got for it was very good. There were raises every year plus 2 or 3 performance bonuses a year. Being in a retail environment you get to meet tons of people and it was very easy to network. Opportunities to move up were there if you wanted it. Also being a contractor for Verizon Wireless, we had the option to move over into a position within VZW, after fulfilling the approved wait time. It was also a fun environment to work in along with getting to work with some great people.

Cons

Being a contractor, you had to deal with your own upper management plus VZW upper management. Sometimes communication between the two weren't always as clear as it should have been. The wait time if you wanted to switch over and become a VZW rep was too long. Being a global company with different sectors within it, there were tons of positions constantly looking to be filled but there was no way to transfer from one sector to another.

Advice to Management

I loved being a part of the Retail Technical Services team. The pay and benefits were great for the job I performed. I got to work with great people on both the the Flextronics and Verizon Wireless side. When I got laid off, the company paid me a pretty good compensation package. The only advice I have for Flextronics, is to offer more ease of movement within the company. Allow those working in different sections of the company to be able to move into another position that they may be well fit for. There's a lot of smart and talented people that have worked for Flextronics and it's a shame that you lost out on possibly keeping them as employees due to policy restrictions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A good place to work.

Current Employee - Buyer III in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Buyer III in Plano, TX

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Facility is very good. Tools given are good. Management is supportive.

Cons

Freguency of being on credit hold because Corporate wants to report a good cash position

Advice to Management

Do not stop paying suppliers at the end of each quarter.

2. Solid place to work but not a career

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Chicago, IL

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

Good starting pay. Tight knit team. Management was very supportive of personal needs. Benefits package was good compared to other companies I for. Management was easy to communicate to and they really respected me as an individual. I felt like they really knew me and not just saw me as a number on payroll.

Cons

No pay raise for the entire time in was there which was 2 years. Management made decisions that reallynhindered what you could do to help the customers. It also seemed like the changes came from people who did not put themselves in the front line person's shoes. Promotions didn't always happen from within even though the team members at the location were definitely worthy.

Advice to Management

A pay raise for the high level of stress would be definitely worth the crap taken from customers everyday. The customers either under appreciate us or totally dump on us and it would help if we were allowed to do a little more then what we are allowed to do to help. Also something should be done about what is communicated to customers concerning what to expect from the DSC. Simple store visits by store management does not help. Telephone customer service agents that refer customers to the store need to know exactly what to expect so store techs don't get exploded on as often as it happens. Something can be done to help. And oh yeah, a pay raise.. Flex is an international company. Stop being so cheap.