There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

its been 7 months working for flextronics and I am will recommend you to apply here

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Longview, TX
Current Employee - Test Engineer in Longview, TX

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Good work ethics, nice management team and healthy work environment.

Cons

tough schedule to work on can be demanding sometime.

reviews filtered by
  1. A good place to work.

Current Employee - Buyer III in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Buyer III in Plano, TX

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Facility is very good. Tools given are good. Management is supportive.

Cons

Freguency of being on credit hold because Corporate wants to report a good cash position

Advice to Management

Do not stop paying suppliers at the end of each quarter.

2. Easy work, great pay and great people.

Former Employee - Retail Technician in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Retail Technician in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

The job was easy and the pay that you got for it was very good. There were raises every year plus 2 or 3 performance bonuses a year. Being in a retail environment you get to meet tons of people and it was very easy to network. Opportunities to move up were there if you wanted it. Also being a contractor for Verizon Wireless, we had the option to move over into a position within VZW, after fulfilling the approved wait time. It was also a fun environment to work in along with getting to work with some great people.

Cons

Being a contractor, you had to deal with your own upper management plus VZW upper management. Sometimes communication between the two weren't always as clear as it should have been. The wait time if you wanted to switch over and become a VZW rep was too long. Being a global company with different sectors within it, there were tons of positions constantly looking to be filled but there was no way to transfer from one sector to another.

Advice to Management

I loved being a part of the Retail Technical Services team. The pay and benefits were great for the job I performed. I got to work with great people on both the the Flextronics and Verizon Wireless side. When I got laid off, the company paid me a pretty good compensation package. The only advice I have for Flextronics, is to offer more ease of movement within the company. Allow those working in different sections of the company to be able to move into another position that they may be well fit for. There's a lot of smart and talented people that have worked for Flextronics and it's a shame that you lost out on possibly keeping them as employees due to policy restrictions.