There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

Flextronics walks on eggshells and the employees suffer

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician II  in  Fargo, ND
Former Employee - Customer Service Technician II in Fargo, ND

I worked at Flextronics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flextronics Retail Technical Services (formerly known as Solectron USA) employed customer service technicians as a part of a contractual agreement with Verizon Wireless. Customers who had issues with their wireless devices would visit with one of the Flextronics technicians. Generally, it was a good working experience.

Cons

You could tell there was an invisible wall between the Verizon store personnel and the Flextronics technicians. Over time, the technicians started doing things that would normally have been done by a Verizon customer service representative in the store. The Verizon people were paid salary plus commission, while the Flextronics people were paid no commission. The technician positions were morphing into a Customer Service Representative position, and that was causing lots of consternation with the Verizon people, because the Flextronics people were suddenly taking sales and commissions away from them. It is a high turnover environment...in fact, I was let go from my position via a phone call from my manager. He didn't even have the guts to face me. Very dissatisfied.

Now that the Flextronics contract with Verizon Wireless has expired and Flextronics no longer employs people in Verizon Wireless stores, now would be the perfect opportunity for your company to look in detail at what happened and learn from the mistakes that took place. You really need to put your people first.

444 Other Employee Reviews for Flextronics (View Most Recent)

The best 9 years of my life!!

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Management was the best I ever work under. They would list to you and address any and all issues . They really made it like your part of the family.

Cons

Stopped doing outings and things like that for their employees. They even changed the bonus pay out.

Flextronics lost sight of their employees and lost a lot of very good people because of it. Don't forget what got where you are today, the people working for you. Say "Thank You," on your way out the door at night!

Flextronics

Former Employee - Level III Technician  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Level III Technician in Louisville, KY

I worked at Flextronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good pay, about all I have to say

Cons

no job security, they (flex) are willing to hire less qualified people and pay them less, than to keep seasoned professionals that have earned their pay.

keep employees that have proven themselves over the years, instead of hiring new people for less with less experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!