Flextronics
www.flextronics.com Singapore 5000+ Employees

Former mechanical design engineer

Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee)
Plano, TX

ProsThe variety is good. Pay is decent, and the onsite equipment is top notch. Location is convenient to downtown plano.

ConsLike other reviewers mention, extremely lacking in direction, no feedback, political, and frequent layoffs. I was a contractor their, and this was communicated not only with management but in the attitudes of the regular employees as well. When I interviewed with them, they talked a good game, but don't believe the hype. I came down from my home of indianapolis on a 9 month contract to plano, texas, got laid off three months later. I was told that I was not picking up on things fast enough, but was not provided any specifics. This was while:
1) None of my projects were behind
2) No complaints from customers of the company
3) The regular employees felt a need to micro manage me and then bash me over the head in the form of copying a supervisor when I did something wrong. This only happened a few times, but you get my drift.
4) I never got angry and if I did do something wrong, I would relate the information to my team as I understood it, so I could be corrected. But beware, they will use this against you, because they are political like that.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrequent layoffs creates an environment of fear, and when you cultivate fear instead of collaboration, you breed an army of automaton robots(employees) who are not innovative. It is also extremely unprofessional and inhumane to bring somebody down from a remote location, with a secure job only to lay them off three months later. While I understand the nature of contract work, people are not machines either. I should have thought of this though when the hiring manager for my position asked my recruiter if he had any good commodities on hand.

Overall it was a good experience

Customer Service Technician (Former Employee)
    Portage, MI

I worked at Flextronics full-time for less than a year

Pros: They really did well with training. I worked remotely and… Cons: We were contractors so it was always a lot of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Flextronics

Debug Tech (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Flextronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Got to work on Cisco Routers including 4g routers from… Cons: Everything else. The promise of conversions for temp workers but instead keep them for 2 to 3 years and then lay them off. … Advice to Senior Management: You get what you pay for and thats why Cisco… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Flextronics.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flextronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flextronics CEO Mike McNamara. All reviews posted anonymously by Flextronics employees.