There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

Great place to grow a career and get incredible global exposure...

Current Employee - Senior Director, Business Development in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Director, Business Development in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Tremendous amount of opportunity to learn about customer needs, large scale operation and business process discipline. There is no shortage of excitement because there is always something new that's happening.

Cons

Over the years the company has became overly bureaucratic, self centered and unwilling or unable to implement real changes. Despite the increases in internal communication, the top executives are increasingly more distanced from the real world.

Advice to Management

1) The company needs to quickly evolve beyond its eroding EMS business model. 2) Need to learn how to navigate in the unfamiliar emerging markets. 3) Culture is what we practice, not something we say.

reviews filtered by

WW Test Technology Manager

Current Employee - WW Test Technology Manager in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - WW Test Technology Manager in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Peer level people are always willing to help

Cons

Absolutely horrifying, arrogant and pathetic management. They will "kill" you just to save a few nickels. Do not take this job, it is a nightmare. If you take it expect to work 24 hrs a day. You will report to one guy and you will take contradictory instructions from another guy. I am surprised that this "huge" company even manages to make 1% profit!

Advice to Management

Some VP's in this company think they are God and everybody else is their "slaves" Most of the higher ups in this company lack people skills. Almost everyone in this company is either a VP or a Director. There is hardly ANY middle management.

Jam and Scam

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loose work environment. Very smart employees especially IL. I loved working with my co workers just not the company. It may have just been my site but once the trust worthy people were laid off all that was left behind were managers doing the best job they can to retain the rest of the staff. Needless to say that did not work at all.

Cons

Frequent lay offs. Promises of promotions that don't exist.

Advice to Management

Stop being dishonest and just shoot people straight. Sometimes when an employees feel as if a promotion is deserved just answer with a yes or no. Never make a promise you can not keep and that was the main concern working for Flextronics.

There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics