I like most things

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Great benefits overall- I had a great manager, Paid vacation was great and helped a lot for seeing family. I have been very happy with the training also.

Cons

My great manager got let go. A lot of pressure to be sales instead of tech. Goals need to be curved.

Advice to Management

Curve the goals based on foot traffic of the store. Somestores do not ge as high of volune of customers and will ot hit the impossible goals.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great work environment

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Totowa, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Totowa, NJ

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

Great compensation and benefits.
    Opportunities for advancement.
    Friendly and helpful supervisors and coworkers.
    Systems and phones are easy to learn.
    Paid training (and commute to training/ paid hotel room for 2 weeks if out of state)
    Paid holidays, whether you work or not on that day. If you do work, it is full day's pay, plus 1.5 times worked hours. (Basically, a worked holiday is 8+8+4=20 hours of work for an 8 hour shift.)

Cons

Not very flexible hours. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, NO LESS.
    Any overtime will be at surrounding Verizon Wireless stores, up to an hour away from home location.
    2 weeks of training does not really help as much as I thought it would. First week of actual work is when you learn the most.
    Strict dress policy. (No hoop earrings, no more than 1 hole in each ear, no visible tattoos, etc)
    Sales become a large part of technician's job, though they fail to tell you this at training or in the interview.
    Customers like to curse out or yell at employees, as if we govern Verizon's policies.
    Supervisors often seem as though they are uninformed from higher management.

Advice to Management

Set clear goals for employees.
    Prepare employees for sales during training.
    Offer better training in general, and don't waste over 1500 pages on each new hires training book. You create electronic equipment, move to an e-book or interactive computer program rather than wasting a full tree on each trainee.

Steer Clear

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Stroudsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Stroudsburg, PA

I have been working at Flextronics

Pros

For an entry level position without any education past high school the starting salary is decent. If you're willing to relocate there are constant chances for advancement. 2 weeks paid training (hotel accomodations provided).

Cons

Very stressful environment. Customers will yell at you when you try to adhere to Verizon Wireless policy. Verizon Wireless and Flextronics will yell at you when a customer is upset. When you make exceptions for customers, you will get yelled at for being non-compliant with policy.

Being admonished for things that are entirely out of your control.

Sales quotas are unachievable. Even when the quota has not been met, the quota will increase in the next month.

Be prepared to work almost every holiday.

Scheduling is done a month in advanced. If something comes up if you're lucky management may approve a schedule change.

When using the sick time/vacation time/personal time, management will make you feel guilty (ex: "so and so is going to have to be by themselves all day." or "if we can't fill these hours we're going to have to impliment mandatory overtime") and will try to get you to come to work anyway.

Constant calls on days off for overtime. As with calling out, be prepared to be guilted into cancelling your plans and working overtime, sometimes in stores over an hour away.

High turnover rate. You will probably see at least one person in your store leave within the first 3-4 months of you being there.

When offered a promotion, you will most likely wait months before going to training/getting your raise due to insufficient store coverage.

From mid-November to mid-January you can not use any vacation time due to a Blackout Period.

Job responsibilities constantly change and are being added to without pay increases.

Company does not care about employee burnout/dissatisfaction.

Constant threats of being fired if you don't meet unreasonable goals that you are not properly trained on in the first place.

Management constantly comes up with new goals/programs/requirements without being in the store to actually know how feasable it is to accomplish everything. Many requirements are counter-productive.

If you actually know what you're doing and are a hardworker you will eventually get stepped all over. You'll end up doing management work without the management salary.

Advice to Management

Stop promising Verizon Wireless so much when the goals are not doable.
    Work in the stores for a week to see how ridiculous all the goals are.
    When promising goals, creating training that will actually help employees be successful, not classes that are a complete waste of time.
    Commission for sales, since our jobs are threatened if we don't meet them.
    Stop giving off the impression that employees should be "happy to have a job" regardless of how we're getting treated.