There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

Typical MEGA corporation mentality

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, opportunities to try different departments for better fit and wide variety of types of positions. Lots of locations worldwide so opportunity to travel or for relocation.

Cons

Corporate management and structure is constantly changing. The company is so large they have no depth in actual experienced managers for a variety of the segments. Ends up just a corporate pencil pusher or finance people really making decisions. This may work for their electronics divisions but not so great for some of the other more highly regulated divisions.

Retain people that know what they are doing rather than the lowest paid person. Or sacrificing experienced people in order to afford a high paid manager that doesn't know what they are doing.

462 Other Employee Reviews for Flextronics (View Most Recent)

Who you know matters big time at Flex. Internal politics unfortunately growing. Lots of start/stop activity.

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

Good global manufacturing experience.
    Great global footprint
    Well respected EMS provider for OEM's....trying to shift focus to supply chain service company and shirk true EMS moniker.
    Creating partnerships with very large companies to play in evolving eco-systems.

Cons

Direct Labor treated as a commodity and disposable.
    No loyalty.
    Super tight cost focus due to low margins. Lay-offs regular, reorgs regular, travel freeze regular.
    Forecasting is weak.
    Culture given good lip service....not truly lived.

CEO needs to get more active/engaged with employees. Good customer focus guy....weak employee focus. No EQ, good IQ Has great ability to do so, but chooses not to.. More respect for GM's at manufacturing plants needed. Corporate calls too many shots independent of local site input.

my best and longest job

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Feasterville Trevose, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Feasterville Trevose, PA

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have became a people person after my job with you guys .. made me very social and friendly.

Cons

the mean customes were the only problem

you did everything you had to do

There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics