Supportive and Team-focused Work Environment

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flextronics is very team focused and, despite how lean we are from a resource perspective, you will almost NEVER hear "that's not my job" or "You're on your own".... As a Manager, I have a great team supporting me and the company.

The benefits are very competitive for this area. Salaries are fair, not amazing. 401K is 1:1 up to 4%. Healthcare plans are great, with up to $400 free up front to be used for deductibles, copays, etc, and any remaining carries over to the next year. Bonus structure varies by level; 5% or 10% of base which can be met from 0% to 200% per quarter.

Work-life balance depends on your work area and level.

Cons

Training could be improved.

If you are at the operational level (inspectors, line operators) weekends are heavily required. As you get into engineering, program management and management, weekends either rotate responsibility or are not expected at all.

Advice to Management

You can only get too lean, before you become anorexic. Things are getting a bit dicey with coverage levels and things are starting to slip through the cracks. While I know this is corporate driven, it could push the site in the wrong direction for our current and hopeful customers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Student Intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Flextronics as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many, besides free salad and the smooth interview process, this position has so far has been a drain to my summer. Little room for growth.

Cons

There are so many managers, directors, and VPs within the company. Little could be done when you have so many points of contact, with everyone wanting expecting something different from you. Mentors assigned to interns were unresponsive to interns and some were only in the office 1-2x/week. Highly recommend against accepting an offer here.

2. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Field Team Supervisor in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Field Team Supervisor in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses are very good when met, and the team in my location is awesome

Cons

Being a contractor means constant changes for performance metrics