Flextronics
www.flextronics.com Singapore 5000+ Employees

Heck of a boot camp for all starters with high goals to achieve.

Controller (Former Employee)
Zalaegerszeg (Hungary)

I worked at Flextronics

ProsIt is a large int'l corporation with a global footprint. Site interactions are of high volume and level including knowledge as well as technology transfer. Its way of doing business is dynamic always changing and in fact maturing. Its reporting policies are complex and never easy to grasp. It is a rewarding place to learn the tricks of your profession whichever department you might be interested in. Frankly, it was a real boot camp for me a pool of experience I am still drawing on today. The technology employed at its manufacturing operations is fairly complex and is not easy to comprehend. Once however you get at its core you definitely feel you've accomplished something. Also, the flow of activity amongst its sites reflects current realities like manufacturing going to China and Malaysia, data processing to India, engineerial design to Europe.

ConsWell, as an American corporation (technically incorporated in Singapore though) it will suck your life blood dry turning your work life balance upside down. It is a high pressure environment with competing interests, cliques and yes a whole lot of politics. Particularly disturbing the provintiality it tolerates at its overseas sites that manifests itself in closely knit national groups hijacking local authority as well as trails of a classic third world style corruption when it comes to buying services.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Amazing company to learner and gain experience.

Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lots of training, upper management really cares about us as… Cons: Inability to advance quickly, extremely large company and poor communication. Advice to Senior Management: Create a larger platform for the different areas of the business with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work

Austin, TX

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than a year

Pros: Hard work is appreciated and promotions from within are plentiful. Cons: When you are really bust work life balance can be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Flextronics.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flextronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flextronics CEO Mike McNamara. All reviews posted anonymously by Flextronics employees.