There are newer employer reviews for Flite

Company on a solid trajectory, great culture, good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Flite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, savvy, highly-talented team. Transparent and open management style. Honest company culture is fun and opinions are valued even if they sometimes dissent. Great, transformative product. Atmosphere is a unique balance of start-up innnovation and advertising savvy.

Cons

Open floor-plan helps with alignment, but noise is sometimes distracting. Rapid growth and product development sometimes means last-minute fire drills.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

In all honesty--a great place to work--and I'm a female!

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Flite

Pros

The employees and culture at Flite were bar-none the best of any company that I have worked with. I made some great friends during my time at the company and found it to be a great working environment. It's a fast-paced and intellectually challenging environment that's also very fun and creative. The only reason why I left the company was due to the fact that I approached by another company with an opportunity that was impossible to pass up--but it was definitely a hard choice to leave Flite.

Cons

As a female employee who was with the company for two years, I can attest that there are not that many female employees at the company, BUT I always felt that my ideas and professional growth were encouraged by my male superiors. Also during my time at Flite, I got the sense that the company recognized there was a dearth of female employees and actively was working to recruit and promote females within the company, and went out of their way to ensure that female employees had opportunities for job growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employees and retain the fun culture.

2. Great, fun place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Flite

Pros

As a whole, management really strives to make Flite a great place to work. Within the entire company there's plenty of very talented, creative, and intelligent people that are great to work with. HR seems to get that benefits are just OK, but is striving to make them better. The company also emphasizes the intangibles that make a great office: catered lunches once a week, quarterly team outings, a fully stocked kitchen, and quarterly hack days. The product is constantly evolving which makes working at Flite a fun challenge. The CEO is very approachable and open to concerns and feedback.

Cons

Employees in the non-Engineering groups have expressed some dissatisfaction with their management. Some managers' hiring practices seem suspect which would account for some of the turnover.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture that made Flite great a priority and keep bringing in great people. Don't be afraid to remove people (at all levels) that aren't working out as long as they've been given a fair shot.