There are newer employer reviews for Florida Atlantic University

A great place to work and learn in one location

Former Employee - Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Florida Atlantic University

Pros

Work can be predictable, dependable and secure. Expectations are well communicated. Benefits are good. Many convenience services on campus so no need to leave during the day. Many staff are also students and educational development is a priority. Administrative offices are luxuriously appointed and staff are provided the latest technology such as iphones and ipads.

Cons

Parking can be a problem after 8 With the exception of top executives, lower pay than jobs at private employer of comparable size. State allocations continue to shrink. Unlike private industry, hard work and increased output does not improve financial position. Few opportuities for salary increase or upward mobility despite years of ongoing and unresolved attrition that requires many staff do the work of two or three people.

Look for opportunities to realign priorities so students have a richer, better learning experience.

65 Other Employee Reviews for Florida Atlantic University (View Most Recent)

I like my job!

Current Employee - Writing Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Writing Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Florida Atlantic University

Pros

Gain experience working with students on a college level-preparation for teaching positions. Many consultants are TAs or have teaching positions at other schools or institutions.

Cons

This job will not pay your bills-secure another form of income. Most if not all of the consultants have another part-time or full-time job. Making up hours from holidays when the Center is closed or hurricane days helps. This is a 10 hr/week position.

Clients should not be able to hear private conversations about the Center, consultants or other private business. There have been occasions when I personally have heard business that was not meant for me to hear and others when I was working with a client who also overheard the conversation. I appreciate working in a casual environment but those situations not should take place outside of the director's office.

I really enjoy working here.

Current Employee - Visiting Assistant Professor in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Visiting Assistant Professor in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Florida Atlantic University

Pros

Weather, collegiality, utter lack of petty factions.

Cons

My current position is temporary.

Keep up the good work.