Florida Blue

www.floridablue.com
  www.floridablue.com
There are newer employer reviews for Florida Blue

Very good place to work, great company great people

Current Employee - Systems Programmer II
Current Employee - Systems Programmer II

I have been working at Florida Blue

Pros

The compay has great growth potiental and is extremely fair. I helped a freind get hired, (he got hired on his own merit) he likes the job as well. The company is solid and the new CEO seems pretty up with the times, he even has a blog. I would recommend to get your pay negotiated up front, the ranges for pay vary.

Cons

Sharing of information, lots of changes, without much information getting down to the "regular" employee like the new org chart, most are in the dark.

Please share information, it will help us not only trust but bond and help even more than we do. Just want to be in the loop.
Pat Geraghty is too new to rate, but he does seem good so far but I will skip rating only because its too soon.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Florida Blue (View Most Recent)

Good employer overall

Current Employee - Lead Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Lead Systems Analyst

I have been working at Florida Blue

Pros

Very nice employer really good structure, well paid, flexible and full of opportunities team of management know what their doing and most of all are good at what their doing, the equipment is really fit sharp

Cons

cannot evoluate fast in the company, dont hire that much, old managment technique really stuck in their point of vue, far from residential areas

Fair-to-good salary, benefits used to better but have downgraded, stagnation in departments

I worked at Florida Blue

Pros

Good starting wage and 3-4% raises per year, good benefits(health, life, dental, vision, 401k, hsa and fsa accounts) and perks (cafes and stores on campus)

Cons

I felt bad for some of the patients...the company was using any idea they could come up with to prevent paying for big $ treatments...also, you can get pigeonholed very easily into one department and stagnate there for years.
    Also, if you are a smoker, BCBSF does not allow smoking anywhere on its property. It's a hike to the front gate to grab a cigarette, which is inconvenient during a 15 min break.

Don't use your employees as guinea pigs for your next cost-cutting measure. ( I am referring to high deductible plans.) We don't appreciate it any more than your customers do.

There are newer employer reviews for Florida Blue