Florida Blue

www.floridablue.com
There are newer employer reviews for Florida Blue

Great company!

I worked at Florida Blue

Pros

The people who work there are dedicated to doing a good job. This is one of the few companies left where people get hired early in their career and often still stay there until retirement.

Cons

Health Insurance is very regulated and Florida Blue, like others, has to react to environmental changes. Change is good and necessary, but sometimes departments seem to reorganize too often rather than make more meaningful changes.

171 Other Employee Reviews for Florida Blue (View Most Recent)

Worst company I ever worked for.

I worked at Florida Blue as a contractor

Pros

Pay rate is decent but relo costs are not repaid.

Cons

I moved my entire life to Jacksonville after they hired me (all on my own dime). I put my son in a school after relocating and wasn't even on the job a month before they let me go because they said "according to our policy, if a permanent employee could do the work I did (as a contractor), they take precidence". So they fired me without warning or severance and left me holding the bag. I couldn't get a job in Jax. for a year and didn't have enough $ to go back home. The CEO basically said "oh well" after I wrote to him.

Know who and what the person is going to have to go through to APPEASE you before hiring them... And change your policy (I went ABOVE and BEYOND to help your firm and you *crewed me).

Florida Blue does not care about their contractors they have at their company

Former Employee - Testing Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Testing Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Florida Blue as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The co workers and some of the managers were very pleasant to work with and for.

Cons

Some managers were not pleasant to work for. They treat their contractors like garbage! I was told on Friday 2/1/2013 that I had a contract extension until July, 6 2013. I came to work that following Monday worked my shift and was not told anything was changing. I received a call from my recruiter that night saying my contract had been terminated immediately! My original contract was not supposed to be up until 02/15/2013. I could have been transferred to a different department because my old position was available, however because I was terminated I can no longer go back to that company for a year.

They need to actually give people notice that the contract is ending even if we are just contractors. It also would be nice if they check to see if there are other job opportunities for us before they just terminate us for no reason!

There are newer employer reviews for Florida Blue