Great company!

I worked at Florida Blue

Pros

The people who work there are dedicated to doing a good job. This is one of the few companies left where people get hired early in their career and often still stay there until retirement.

Cons

Health Insurance is very regulated and Florida Blue, like others, has to react to environmental changes. Change is good and necessary, but sometimes departments seem to reorganize too often rather than make more meaningful changes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Florida Blue does not care about their contractors they have at their company

Former Contractor - Testing Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Contractor - Testing Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Florida Blue as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The co workers and some of the managers were very pleasant to work with and for.

Cons

Some managers were not pleasant to work for. They treat their contractors like garbage! I was told on Friday 2/1/2013 that I had a contract extension until July, 6 2013. I came to work that following Monday worked my shift and was not told anything was changing. I received a call from my recruiter that night saying my contract had been terminated immediately! My original contract was not supposed to be up until 02/15/2013. I could have been transferred to a different department because my old position was available, however because I was terminated I can no longer go back to that company for a year.

Advice to Management

They need to actually give people notice that the contract is ending even if we are just contractors. It also would be nice if they check to see if there are other job opportunities for us before they just terminate us for no reason!

2. Changing of the "Old Guard" and Leadership

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Project Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Florida Blue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Exempts and Directors / Executives are well compensated...

Cons

RIF is an annual occurence...