Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

www.doacs.state.fl.us
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

People come here to wait for their retirement

I worked at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Job security, health insurance and other benefits

Cons

Slow pace, low pay, unchallenging

12 Other Employee Reviews for Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people are dedicated, intelligent and hardworking. I have been lucky to have good managers all the way up the chain. The work in my area (scientific) is challenging and engaging. Great place for professional growth lots of opportunity to learn.

Cons

Salary, Salary, Salary! The state in general is not competitive in this area. Merit raises are almost nonexistent. No cost of living raises during lean budget years. When we do receive cost of living raises they are usually around 2% and are set by the legislature. The only way to see significant salary increases is through promotions. Having a tight budget makes managing very challenging at times. As you move up work/life balance shifts more to the working side.

Communication has improved throughout. Keep innovating and moving forward.

Benefit is OK but pay is worst

Current Employee - Food Safety Specialist in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Food Safety Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good vacation/sick leave benefit, flexible work schedule

Cons

worst pay, no pay raise for the last 7 years

Work at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services? Share Your Experiences

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services