Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

www.doacs.state.fl.us
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Field Staff / Inspector

I have been working at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent perks: Liberal availability to take vacation time / sick leave donating to needed fellow workers / sick leave donations to you if needed after one year and signing into program / medical / dental and other programs / education benefits / regular retirement plan or self directed plan / ability to support family is encouraged

Cons

Pay is moderate / limited advance opportunities

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. People come here to wait for their retirement

I worked at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job security, health insurance and other benefits

Cons

Slow pace, low pay, unchallenging

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Pros

The people are dedicated, intelligent and hardworking. I have been lucky to have good managers all the way up the chain. The work in my area (scientific) is challenging and engaging. Great place for professional growth lots of opportunity to learn.

Cons

Salary, Salary, Salary! The state in general is not competitive in this area. Merit raises are almost nonexistent. No cost of living raises during lean budget years. When we do receive cost of living raises they are usually around 2% and are set by the legislature. The only way to see significant salary increases is through promotions. Having a tight budget makes managing very challenging at times. As you move up work/life balance shifts more to the working side.

Advice to Management

Communication has improved throughout. Keep innovating and moving forward.

Work at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services? Share Your Experiences

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services