Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

www.doacs.state.fl.us
  www.doacs.state.fl.us
There are newer employer reviews for Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Field Staff / Inspector

I have been working at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent perks: Liberal availability to take vacation time / sick leave donating to needed fellow workers / sick leave donations to you if needed after one year and signing into program / medical / dental and other programs / education benefits / regular retirement plan or self directed plan / ability to support family is encouraged

Cons

Pay is moderate / limited advance opportunities

12 Other Employee Reviews for Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (View Most Recent)

Great people and environment, but low pay.

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician IV in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician IV in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture, at least in the Bureau I work in,is great. The people are friendly, everyone pulls together and works as a team, and it truly is like a family.

Cons

The pay is less than stellar. We are usually short handed so you end up taking on extra responsibility and there's not a lot of training. Also, there seems to be alack of communication between management and everyone else. The turn over, at least amongst the lab techs, is pretty high.

Find a way to pay people more so they will stay longer. Communicate better and find ways to train people better and more quickly.

People come here to wait for their retirement

I worked at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Job security, health insurance and other benefits

Cons

Slow pace, low pay, unchallenging

Work at Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services? Share Your Experiences

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services