Florida Department of Health
www.doh.state.fl.us Tallahassee, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Became less intelligent with this position.

Health Support Technician (Current Employee)

ProsIf you like to be lazy, not think at work and not get fired for anything, this could be the job for you. Working in the public can be really great at times, the people you work with are very genuine.

ConsThe pay was horrible. I personally love my job, I have short days and most of the time have great moments throughout the day. But to keep this job, I had to get a side job waiting tables like I did all through college. Other people in the same job I have, Health support technician, are far less qualified.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more qualified people, and pay them better.

A good agency, good people, good cause corrupted by incompetent and politically motivated administration.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Florida Department of Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are excellent people there who want to make a difference and accomplish good things. If you are just starting your career you will… Cons: Managers still there have to tuck their tails and keep their heads low. Current administration treats public sevice… Advice to Senior Management: I realize that the only way to stick around as a manager nowadays is to keep your mouth shut, but what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great experience and a lot of opportunity to grow

Program Administrator (Former Employee)
    Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Florida Department of Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Opportunity to move up if you are smart and buy into management philosophy. Management that tries to run the Division (MQA) like a business using… Cons: Politics come into play a lot and you will frequently have to drop everything you are doing to work on a legislative request. Management doesn't… Advice to Senior Management: Do a better job of communicating to lower level staff… More
There are newer reviews on Florida Department of Health.

Worked for Florida Department of Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Florida Department of Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Florida Department of Health CEO Rick Scott . All reviews posted anonymously by Florida Department of Health employees.