Florida Hospital
www.floridahospital.com Orlando, FL 5000+ Employees

In IT, they pay well and use advanced technology for a hospital

Orlando, FL

I have been working at Florida Hospital full-time

ProsI've been around healthcare IT for a long time and most hospitals are very backward technologically. HITECH is changing that, but FH recognized that earlier and invested in HIT heavily. They do pay well and seldom fire anyone. Layoffs are unheard of. Recently got "Best Hospital in Florida" from US News, "Most Wired", and rated as an excellent place to work by Gallup.

ConsIt is Seventh Day Adventist and that permeates the culture. If you are anti-religious you won't like the constant messages of "Healing ministry of Christ". That being said, I work with atheists, Jews, and Muslims who have been there many years. They talk religion a lot but nothing is forced on you.

There's a dress code - khakis and polo shirts, no jeans or uncollared shirts.

Though the tech is very good for a hospital, if you come from another industry you may find it a little backward.

Advice to Senior ManagementMicrosoft is circling the drain. Open source and BYOD are the future. The sooner you realize that the less you'll have to re-architect.

Corporateness

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Florida Hospital part-time for more than a year

Pros: Employees and medical staff are generally wonderful. Facilities are nice. The concept of a Christian based hospital is… Cons: Upper and middle Management is stuffy, corporate, rigid, which is contrary to what they claim is their driving force. If you ever leave your job,… Advice to Senior Management: Run your hospital and treat your employees with the ethics and compassion you state in your staff meetings and stop hindering the work of Christ… More

Nice rural hospital with potential for more growth.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Sebring, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Motivated people to help others, new equipment and hospital facility,… Cons: Even though not for profit many operate as though it is. Too many… Advice to Senior Management: Trust your employees more, don't micromanage the supervisors so they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Florida Hospital.

Worked for Florida Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Florida Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Florida Hospital CEO Lars Houmann. All reviews posted anonymously by Florida Hospital employees.