Florida Hospital

www.floridahospitalcareers.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Florida Hospital

This was a place where I was able to grow academically

Current Employee - Electronic Tech Low Voltage Systems in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Electronic Tech Low Voltage Systems in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Florida Hospital full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great first line manager made a positive impact on me as technician.

Cons

Lack of opprotunities in my feild.

Focus on the needs of the employees and less on building structures.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Florida Hospital (View Most Recent)

Lots of mid level egos that cause territorial problems for employees who simply want do their job

Former Employee - Construction [All Phases} in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Construction [All Phases} in Orlando, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Steady work and good benefits. Work as much as you care to work

Cons

People in leadership positions are terribly impressed with themselves. Very little employee encouragement to excel.

Most Asst VPs are not productive but spend time sucking up for higher position

Faith based environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Florida Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Both clinical and non-clinical staff are genuinely interested in patient outcomes and satisfaction. I constantly see staff members going out of their way to help. The campus is very large and confusing to navigate but staff members will stop what they are doing to offer assistance. I personally witnessed a worker pay for a family member's dinner when she had been sleeping at the hospital for over a week with a critically ill patient. There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer for various healthcare related organizations as well. It is especially nice to have Spiritual Ambassadors available to pray with patients, families or even staff.

Cons

Salaries are not top-notch and staffing is often short, which risks patient safety. Nurses are constantly at risk of being "called off", leaving team members short handed. Management spends a lot of time, especially at new employee orientation, pointing out that there are plenty of others who would gladly take your position if you are not happy with their policies.

Upper management could spend a little more time at Town Halls listening to the concerns of employees rather than just touting the "next big thing". Perhaps that is not the perfect venue for these discussions but in any case, both clinical and non-clinical staff genuinely care about their roles and deserve to have their concerns taken seriously.

There are newer employer reviews for Florida Hospital