There are newer employer reviews for Florida Hospital

Do not work here if you can find employment anywhere else. This is a very hostile work environment.

Former Employee - EHR Documentation Lead/Trainer in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - EHR Documentation Lead/Trainer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Florida Hospital as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There are no pros at Florida Hospital - they say they accept everyone but they try to make the employee follow religious rules.

Cons

management places too much authority in people who feel threatened by anyone. If you are not a 7th Day Adventist, do not seek employment here.

68 Other Employee Reviews for Florida Hospital (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for but pay is not so great.

Former Employee - ROI Specialist
    Former Employee - ROI Specialist

I worked at Florida Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large company with lots of opportunities to move around interdepartmentally

Cons

Pay is not competitive in the HIM department. They are seeking overqualified people for jobs that could be filled by high school students. But this is specific to the HIM department.

Knee-jerk management style, the almighty $ rules everything.

Current Employee - Step-down Unit RN in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Step-down Unit RN in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Florida Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nurses are generally good people, at any hospital, which is why they're nurses. No difference here. We do the best we can under the circumstances.

Cons

Management just doesn't get it. Daily we hear about how much money we're costing them, how we're not doing our jobs to save them money. And at the same time, staff is being cut, nurses are given more tasks to complete, more patients to care for, and we're all afraid of being fired if we look at management sideways. Patient care is never a priority, and supplies are always short or not available. The place is filthy, and rooms are only superficially cleaned when a patient is discharged, and never during their stay. I can go home on a Monday, return for my next shift Thursday, and see the same black nasty spots on the floor that were there when I left. If my patient needs and MRI on a Friday, it might get done Monday morning. Call a doc, and they might call back hours later after multiple pages, or might not at all. If I send a patient for surgery, it's not a question of if they'll get an infection, just when. Nurses and techs are often at each others throats because they're all so overworked that they can't cooperate and help each other, and when a patient falls out of bed and gets hurt because staff is too short to help them, it's just an "oh well" moment. No support from our unit manager, who only cares about her budget and bonus. I could go on and on about the things I see wrong with this place, and I wouldn't let my family be treated here if it was the last hospital on Earth. The "Healing Ministry of Christ" is just a front for a tax-sheltered cash machine, and HR is just a revolving door as talented, experienced nurses quit and new, inexperienced nurses who don't know better, and cost less, take their places. I work at the Tampa facility as a step-down unit RN, and like most of my colleagues, I'll be leaving soon.

Pull your heads out of your @sses, put patient care first, treat your staff with dignity and respect, and stop hiding behind all that "Healing Ministry of Christ" BS. Thanks for the $20 Christmas bonus, too.

There are newer employer reviews for Florida Hospital