There are newer employer reviews for Florida International University

Bad administration

Current Employee - Program Coordinator  in  Miami, FL
Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Miami, FL

I have been working at Florida International University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits as far as health, vacation, and sick.

Cons

The administration is horrible. You can spend weeks waiting for someone to turn a call or email. Students are definitely not a priority, the faculty are. Higher administration only cares about the amount of money faculty bring in, not the students. I had HUNDREDS of students walk into my office complaining that nobody is able to help them. No matter the department or office, students are thrown to the bottom. Staff does whatever they want as far as hours or vacation, because nobody cares. They take time off during the busiest time of the year or they show up to work at 11 am. It seems as if nobody really cared. If you ever want a raise....GOOD LUCK! That will never happen. After years of negotiation, the university finally increased our salaries by 1%!! It's absurd and insulting. Also, there is absolutely no space to grow.

Maybe you should actually MANAGE. The way the university runs is horrible. The students should be priority, not you.

155 Other Employee Reviews for Florida International University (View Most Recent)

Good for academic purpose

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Florida International University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Low paid salary since I was studing.

Cons

Very friendly and supportive faculties.

Graduate Student and Teaching Assistant

I have been working at Florida International University

Pros

This university provides a good value for local students.

Cons

A focus an expansive growth of student population without an accompanying expansion of insfrastructure hs created an overcrowded campus.

There are newer employer reviews for Florida International University

Worked for Florida International University? Contribute to the Community!