There are newer employer reviews for Florida State University

I was honored to have been given the opportunity to be an adjunct instructor.

Former Employee - Adjunct Professor  in  Tallahassee, FL
Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Florida State University part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the opportunity to offer professional experience and input along with the valuable content delivered in teaching typography to graphic design students. The department personnel were welcoming and very helpful with all my dealings. The experience was very useful and I learned a lot about academia and the college experience currently.

Cons

Some aspects of the process which seemed very automatic to those in the department were not in place and the initial setup of logins, email accounts and communications took effort to get in place. It all worked out fine, however.

Maybe offer more explicit expectations at the outset and follow up in the first few weeks.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Florida State University (View Most Recent)

research

Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant
    Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant

I worked at Florida State University part-time for less than a year

Pros

paycheck was fine, environment was great. weather was nice, personal growth was good, salary was fine work place was nice

Cons

paycheck was not enough, environment was bad. weather was too hot, personal growth was not present, salary was very little work place was bad

pay me more

Challenging for Software Development, Excellent for IT Support

Former Employee - IT Support Technician  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - IT Support Technician in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Florida State University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work hours for students, good benefits and stability. Well equipped office with great lighting and a positive environment. Advancement opportunities exist both within and between departments.

Cons

Few software development opportunities. Difficulty advancing if positions are scarce. Corporate structure is strange and sometimes confusing.

There are newer employer reviews for Florida State University

Worked for Florida State University? Contribute to the Community!