There are newer employer reviews for Fluke Corporation

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Fluke Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good financial and operations focus. Continuous improvement is a huge focus

Cons

Sometimes very conservative with decision making - stifles innovation

Advice to Management

take more risks

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Terrible pay, but if you need a job and McDonalds isn't hiring...... maybe try Fluke

Former Employee - Material Handler in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Everett, WA

I worked at Fluke Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, flexible schedule, 6% 401k matching, can eventually earn up to 4 weeks vacation. Just show up and work and you can't get fired.

Cons

Terrible pay, very low raises, slow progression rate. Expected to work until the job is finished regaurdless if the overtime was manditory or not. Favoritism shown. Expected to do 3 people's jobs on 2/3 of a single person's salary

Advice to Management

Give appropriate raises to employees. Don't make them wait 4 years until it is "their turn" to get a decent raise. You do realize that people will be more willing to work hard if that effort actually pays off??? Why do you think some people work less hard every year? Here is a hint........ They didn't get a good raise for going above and beyond!

Very profit and cost cutting driven. Very little respect for their employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at Fluke Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fluke brand... that's about it.

Cons

-Number, numbers, numbers. Profit and cost cutting takes priority over everything.
    -Very long hours due to small head count, part of the cost cutting tradition.
    -Low compensation. Looks good on paper, but most people I know (including myself) is well under their "target pay".
    -You have to pull teeth to get a promotion or decent raise.
    -Very high workload demand. Zero respect for personal life.
    -Outdated equipment. We're forced to use everything until they're obsolete or broken. Worst is our computers. I've worked there for almost 10 years now and I'm still using the same computer I started with...
    -Despite our hard efforts and loyalty many of us got a pay cut during the recession in 2009 after not getting our annual raise...
    -Owned by Danaher, which is the cause of our poor business practice and priority on numbers.

Advice to Management

Put your actions where your mouth is. Stop telling us that the safety and well-being of the employees is the most important thing to the company when it's very obvious the profits and cost cutting is. I've seen too many good employees leave the company because of lack of personal life they get or the poor compensation. If we're truly your strongest assets then pay us accordingly and keep the head counts up, so one person is not forced to do two people worth of workload at the end of the month. Also recognize us for our hard work. The $25 (not actual value) gift, free movie tickets, or Fred Meyer gift cards does not make us happy. The best thing the company has ever given me is a day off with pay for two years of perfect attendance. Coming in for two years straight without calling in sick, let alone being tardy, is extremely hard, nearly impossible when you have kids. We should get a lot more than an extra day of vacation…

Also, budgeting is too extreme. If it takes days or even weeks for us to get equipment we need to do our job it's ridiculous. The time and effort we need to put in working with outdated or broken equipment is not worth saving a few bucks. Like I mentioned in the cons I'm using an old HP that is the computer given at my station when I started almost ten years ago. Asked a few times for a new computer in the last few years. Been told they'll look into it every time, but in the end no response. The last time I asked I actually bugged my manager every few days about it until a month later he told me that I don't use my computer enough to get approved for a new one. Guess I'll just wait until Windows XP is obsolete or my computer breaks...