Fluke Corporation

www.fluke.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fluke Corporation

Making a difference

I have been working at Fluke Corporation

Pros

I have been at Fluke for almost four years now. If you are interested in metrology, Fluke is arguably the best company in the world for this. We routinely interface with the best calibration laboratories in the world, who look to Fluke for answers on the most accurate measurements. Fluke continues to grow and they value promoting internally, but also understand to stay on top of the technology that they need to recruit people with up-to-date technical expertise. Some of the new technologies being developed such as Fluke Connect are going to significantly impact the industry and really pushes Fluke out ahead of the competition. One of the things that I found refreshing is that politics plays a very small role in the day to day management and that the best ideas, no matter where they come from are the solutions that are implemented.

Cons

not really cons to me, but there is certainly a strong culture of hard work and doing what it takes to accomplish the task. If you do not believe in lean manufacturing principles, then you probably need to look elsewhere as it is nearly a religion here.

Top management could benefit by a more time at gemba, getting on to the floor with people doing their daily work.

Jun 13, 2014Human Resources

Thanks! We really work hard to make our Metrology Lab - World Class.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Fluke Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn, not a great place to work.

Current Employee - Master Scheduler in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Master Scheduler in Everett, WA

I have been working at Fluke Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is a great place to learn when it comes to supply chain and operations. There are a ton of growth opportunities available within the company.

Cons

All the operations talent has left the company, the operations group is so short staffed management is asking people to take on 2 and 3 people’s responsibilities. There is no sense of urgency to back fill any of the vacant roles which is causing people to burn out and hate working for the company, which contributes to everyone’s attitudes at work. The pay scale is not equivalent to the job market or the amount of work people are being asked to do.

Jun 13, 2014Human Resources

We have hired some super Operations talent within the last year!

Great place to learn.

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Fluke Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technical staff is one of the best around. A lot of opportunity to learn about complex technical and engineering topics.

Cons

Corporate culture tend to alienate the technical staff.

Quality first.

Jun 13, 2014Human Resources

Quality is always top of the list. Thanks!

There are newer employer reviews for Fluke Corporation